When a narcissist donates blood
Narcissists are a kind of virus. The enter friendship groups and immediately infect the harmony. Perhaps this is why narcissists like to donate blood. The idea of putting a part of yourself into the bloodstream of another person is highly desirable to them.
One must always keep in mind that narcissists have no friends. Everything that they do is in the service of narcissistic supply. Please read our previous post ‘When a Narcissist Gets Sick’ to understand what ‘narcissistic supply’ means.
Donating blood is a cost-effective way for a narcissist to get supply.
Here are some of the reasons why narcissists donate blood.
- It costs nothing. Blood regenerates quickly so unlike money, they effectively loses nothing
- It allows the narcissist to upload of photo of their arm and the needle on Facebook. One of the main reasons narcissists give blood is because it provides a golden opportunity for a ‘supply generating’ photo. Narcissists know that ‘charitable’ pictures, such as fun run pics attract likes. By uploading a picture of their arm, the narcissist will attract multiple likes from their Facebook friends. They will likely write an inappropriate comment such as, ‘just getting my hit of heroin for the day, better not overdose like Megan’s Dad in 2003 lol!’ #junkielyf #ripmegansdad
- It allows the narcissist to explain to everyone at work why they’re late. After giving blood, the narcissist will arrive at work like a roman conquerer. They will ask random colleagues in the office, ‘Do I look pale? Because I gave blood this morning. I was told that I should go home and rest but I’ve got so much to do!’ The collegue will simply say, ‘you look fine’ and walk away. The narcissist will then call clients, apologising for getting back to them late by saying, ‘I give blood every Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, I find it rejuvenating and helping people makes me feel great!’ The client will then ask why the narcissist is calling them. The narcissist will hang up.
- It allows the narcissist to brag about their perfect health. People with AIDS and other chronic, debilitating illnesses can’t give blood. By giving blood, the narcissist is able to communicate to their friends that they are not riddled with disease. The narcissist will use facebook to gently remind their friends of this. For example, ‘Gave a pint of the red stuff today! No Herpes for me! Phillip Hobbs, I hope you’re reading this! #cleansingsocietyonedropatatime #philliphobbshasherpessohecantgivebloodevenifhewantedto
- It gives the narcissist a chance to be a patient. Narcissists dream of going to hospital with a serious illness. Nothing excites a narcissist more than the prospect of someday becoming ill and suffering a long, painful death in hospital, surrounded by loved ones. In fact, a narcissists greatest fear is dying in their sleep in old age. Therefore, going to a medical centre or a hospital once a week to give blood gives the narcissist the feeling of being a sick patient. The lie in the chair as the nurse pricks their arm, tells them to relax and brings them a cup of tea. To the narcissist, there’s no place like a hospital.