How to date your best friend
It’s a common question – how do you get your best friend to start dating you?
We at the bear generally consider trying to leverage a friendship to get someone in the sack to be a little manipulative.
That said why else would you be reading this blog… so without further ado here’s a few tips for converting your pal into a partner.
- Don’t become their confidant – if you listen to them wailing night after night about their dating problems you will only ever be the confidant. Stop doing it. Be as blunt as saying that that’s not the kind of friend you are. Just stop it.
- Let them know you’re dating – nothing works here like jealousy so get out on a few dates if you can. Try tinder or even (heaven forbid) plenty of fish. It’ll work wonders.
- Don’t be so available – no one wants to hang out with someone who is there for them 24/7. The less available you are, the more desirable.
- Take a risk – never adopt the mentality that you can’t drop a pal. If you are keen on the upgrade they are not your friend.
- No over the top romantic gestures – yeah you’ve seen it in the OC and god knows whatever teens watch these days. It never works. Never. No sweeping gestures. Be funny, unavailable and eligible and you’ll go a long way.
Need more tips? Hit us in the comments below.